“In building 30-plus restaurants we’ve worked with many general contractors, however, we have the most confidence and trust in Focus and the superior results they deliver.”
Marc Malnati, Owner, Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria
Our construction subsidiary, Focus Construction, has acted as the general contractor for all of our development projects to date and offers third-party general contracting services. In total, Focus has built $1.1 billion of real estate, with an additional $250 million scheduled to begin construction in 2015.
Our construction staff averages more than 16 years of experience in the industry. We have an expansive knowledge of all building types, including mid-rise, high-rise, retail, commercial, residential and parking structures.
As a general contractor, Focus Construction has developed efficient and accessible systems of reporting, staffing, scheduling and cost management. The majority of our construction work is building for Focus and its partners, so our staff is trained to have a high level of ownership, integrity and excellent communication. These attributes carry over into our work for third-party clients.
We provide a wide range of general contracting expertise:
- Preconstruction conceptual budgeting
- Municipal coordination and permit expediting
- Predevelopment estimating and scheduling
- Design review and value engineering
- Qualifying subcontractors/bidders
- Contract negotiations
- Construction execution
- Punch list management and OM manuals
Focus Adds Value
Working with Focus Construction on your next project will result in the highest levels of quality, creative design elements, cost savings and on-time delivery.
Our team will add value to your project through our:
- Ownership mentality
- Design expertise
- Problem solving experience
- Experienced on-site supervision
- Flexibility to work in both stipulated-sum and open-book relationships
- Construction management services
- Experience in union and non-union environments
If you are a subcontractor interested in bidding on future Focus work, please complete the Bidder Qualification Form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.